Friday 25 May 2012

Onde - onde kentang

I remembered when I lived in Perth I often came to canningvale to buy groceries. There, in Jakarta Asian store, we could find many Indonesian foods, but my eyes always came to this onde-onde. I don't know why, it was sooo tempting to me. At that time, it reminded me of my childhood, my hometown. It's nostalgic. And now, when I am already here, in my hometown, again this onde-onde reminds me of that canningvale market, of Perth. To me, onde-onde is really nostalgic!




Ingredients
The crust:
250 gr glutinous rice flour
50 gr potatoes, steamed and mashed
65 gr caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
150 ml warm water
oil for frying
sesame seed for coating

The fillings:
150 gr mung bean, soaked overnight, steamed and mashed
125 ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
130 gr sugar
2 pandan leaves



Methods
For the fillings: 
Cook all the ingredients on a low heat. Stir it constantly until it thickens and smooth.
Set aside. Remove the pandan leaves.
For the crust:
Combine the flour, potato, salt, and sugar. Mix well. Gradually pour the water, knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
Divide the dough 20 gr each. Shape it into a ball.
Flatten the dough. Put enough filling in the centre. Roll it again.
Dip it quickly in water. Coat with sesame seeds.
Fry on slow heat until golden brown.


Source: Tabloid Saji

No comments:

Post a Comment